COMING IN THE FALL OF 2015
SC FARM BUREAU OFFICE
Come back soon to see when it is scheduled!
To help candidates for public office, whether veteran office holders or first-time participants, plan and execute successful political campaigns.
The seminar is designed for candidates for public office, their spouses and their campaign managers and other individuals who may be interested in seeking elected public office at some future time. We encourage, where possible, the candidate, his or her spouse and campaign manager to attend and work as a team.
About the School
The Campaign Management Training School was developed by the American Farm Bureau Federation with the input from political consultants and staff of both political parties. Videos, graphics, case studies and computer technology have been developed to assist in the presentation of the school. This will allow participants the opportunity to have meaningful, hands-on experience and to test techniques, tools and methods.
To allow the individual attention, enrollment will be limited to a total of twenty-four people.
A fee is charged to help cover the cost of materials, equipment, break refreshments and meals. It does not include overnight lodging.
Candidate (Non-FB Members)
Candidate (Farm Bureau Members)
Spouse (without candidate)
Spouse (with candidate)
(Fees includes meals, breaks and materials)
* Includes Farm Bureau Membership
We will be happy to provide you with a list of hotels nearby.
Contact Beverly Sease (803) 936-4215.
- Evaluate the candidate and the electorate
- Candidacy announcement and filing
- Role of candidate's spouse
- Selecting the campaign theme
- Selecting the campaign issues
- Handling the aggressive interviewer
- Budget Preparation & Raising Money
- Using a finance committee
- Government Reports
- Campaign Structure
- The role of the campaign manager
- The use of support committees
- Headquarters selection and operation
- Working with the news media
- Promotion activities
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Allies and coalitions
THE CAMPAIGN STATEGY
- Identify voters
- Targeting precincts
- Targeting special interest groups
- Developing a calendar to WIN
- Using Polls
- Election day activities