New this year: join us for an Ag in the Classroom workshop in your area and earn 20 recertification hours. Each workshop begins with registration at 8:30 a.m. followed by a farm tour, lunch, then hands-on application of AITC teaching tools.
Because of safety concerns due to Covid-19, we have decided to conduct the June workshops virtually FREE OF CHARGE. You will receive the same content, a t-shirt, farm tours and 20 renewal credits approved by the SC Department of Education.
The farm tours will happen virtually though an online platform and there will be time to engage with the farmer. We'll go over ag information, hear from industry experts, and highlight lessons you can use to incorporate agriculture in your classroom. You'll also receive an entire box of materials in the mail.
Please register using the link below. Instructions on how to join the workshop will be sent by email prior to the date(s) selected.
We are monitoring the situation and will make a decision about July workshops at a later time.
For questions, please email Tracy Miskelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and Locations:
- June 9: Horry County
- Tour stops include: Southern Palmetto Farms (corn, cotton, soybeans and agritourism) and S&R Sod Farm
- Workshop: Horry County Clemson Extension Office, Conway
- June 11: Chesterfield County
- Tour stops include: McLeod Farms (peaches, fruits, vegetables, roadside market and restaurant)
- Workshop: McBee High School, McBee
- June 18: Newberry and Laurens Counties
- Tour stops include: Satterwhite Dairy
- Workshop: Laurens County Farm Bureau, Laurens
- July 21: Beaufort and Charleston Counties
- Tour stops include: Barrier Island Oyster Co.
- Workshop: TBD
- July 29: Oconee County
- Tour stops include: Ables Family Farm (chickens, beef cattle, hay)
- Workshop: Fair Oak Elementary School, Westminster
- July 30: Orangeburg County
- Tour stops include: Hutto Brothers Family Farm (cotton, peanuts, peppers)
- Workshop: Providence Fire Department Administrative Building