Professional development workshops for practicing and pre-service for SC teachers
South Carolina Farm Bureau’s Agriculture in the Classroom program staff can provide high-quality professional development workshops for practicing and pre-service teachers throughout SC at little to no cost for the host school or organization.
- Workshops are offered on state, district, county and individual school levels.
- Workshop activities utilize the latest in educational theory and teaching methods to familiarize teachers with innovative ways to use the lesson plans with students.
- Personalized to fit your school/district need with topics ranging from Balanced Literacy to STEM education
- Participants receive lesson plans, related teaching materials and hands-on experience with agriculture. Some workshops may include farm or agribusiness tours.
- Renewal credits may be available upon completion or required session.
Contact Tracy Miskelly for more information.
- 2021 Summer Workshop Series
Registration is now OPEN for our summer professional development opportunities. Free of charge, these virtual workshops will equip you with the tools necessary to integrating agriculture into your instruction. Farm tours, question and answer sessions with farmers, and instructional strategies/tools presented by our friends at ImplementEd, a NC-based company comprised of former classroom teachers. Successful completion of the workshop (attending the ZOOM session and submitting a reflection) will award 5 renewal credits! Don’t wait – sign up today! Registration is limited to 100 participants per workshop, and those seats will go FAST!
(Please note that each registration is separate. To sign up for multiple workshops, you must complete a registration for each.)
Click on the title below to register.
May 4th 4 - 6 pm The buzz about bees June 10 4 - 6 pm A new slant on plants June 22 9 - 11 am The nuts and bolls of peanuts and cotton July 14 9 - 11 am A debrief of dairy and beef July 28 9 - 11 am Ag here, ag there, ag everywhere August 10 4 - 6 pm Pork powered by soy