SC Farm Bureau Women’s Communications Boot Camp is a training program for female members interested in enhancing the skills they need to effectively communicate about agriculture and Farm Bureau. Participants will be put to the test as they learn while doing at this two-and-a-half-day program held at the SC Farm Bureau State Office in Cayce, SC. This training is sponsored by the SC Farm Bureau Women’s Leadership Committee.
Women’s Boot Camp graduates will have the tools to:
- Effectively talk to the media
- Share positive message about agriculture on social media
- Have meaningful conversations with consumers about agriculture and farming practices
- Gain confidence in public speaking
- Advocate for agriculture with their elected officials
- Applicants must be female South Carolina Farm Bureau members over the age of 21. You do not have to be active on a Women’s Leadership Committee to participate.
- A registration fee of $100 must be paid prior to attending.
- Participants will be responsible for getting to and from the training. Housing, meals and training materials are included in the registration fee.
- Applications will be anonymously judged and the top eight will be selected to attend. Two alternates will also be selected in the event a participant cannot attend.