Connect with SCFB YF&R
We are thrilled that you want to be a part of the SC Farm Bureau Young Farmers & Ranchers (YF&R) program! The mission of this organization is to promote agricultural interests and to optimize the lives of those involved in agriculture. In short, the YF&R program is for members between 18-35 years old who believe in that mission. If you want to understand more about the who, what, why and how of the YF&R program, visit www.scfb.org/YFR
The most important thing is to connect locally! We are a grassroots membership organization and the county involvement is most important. If your county YF&R is already active, ask about how you can get plugged in. If your county's program isn't active yet, maybe you can help change that! Since we are a grassroots organization, what members do in the counties is most important. It is critical to meet the people at your county Farm Bureau and connect with other members in your county. Regardless of whether you are interested in agricultural issues impacted by policy and regulations or if you are interested in educating youth and consumers about agriculture, this is the organization where you can show your support for your industry.
Here are some ways to connect locally:
- Contact your County Farm Bureau office to let the lead secretary and board president know that you are a young farmer in their county and that you want to get involved. Join and/or make sure your information is accurate in the membership database (please don’t skip this step!). The lead secretary can also give you the name and contact info for your county YF&R Chair.
- Contact your county YF&R Chair and let them know you are interested in being a part of the program in your county.
- If you are interested in helping organize a local YF&R meeting or event, but you need additional assistance, contact Jessica Cabrera at email@example.com.
Keep in mind that just being a part of the Farm Bureau network is a big step. This means that when an issue arises and we need to reach out to all members about an issue that will impact them, you are on the list! It may not feel like much at first, but it is a big step to just join the grassroots network and meet the people who are part of your local county Farm Bureau leadership.
Here are ways to connect to our program on the state level:
- Click here to be added to the state YF&R email list: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NLNMY8L
*Occasionally you will get an email with YF&R in the subject line. Please open this email and scroll through. This is not junk email…this is our way of letting you know what is going on.
- Click here to join our SCFB Young Farmers and Ranchers Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/scyoungfarmers
*Be sure to turn your group notifications on so that you’ll know when YF&R information has been posted to the group. You can post about Ag-related topics too (no selling or marketing please).
- Click here to read more about YF&R and to find information about all of our activities and initiatives: http://www.scfb.org/YFR
You can find opportunities to serve, to apply for awards and to express interest in leadership opportunities on the YF&R webpage.
Thanks for understanding that the mission and work of SC Farm Bureau is critical to the success of the agricultural industry in our state!