The YF&R Achievement Award recognizes Young Farmers & Ranchers who have excelled in their farm or ranch and have honed their leadership abilities to superiority. Participants are involved in production agriculture with a majority of their income subject to normal production risks. Judges evaluate competitor's excellence in management, growth and scope of their enterprise and self-initiative that have been displayed throughout the farm or ranch.
The top three finalists will receive:
- $1,000 cash
- A one-night stay at the 2023 SCFB Annual Meeting in Myrtle Beach on December 1, 2023
- A one-night stay at the 2024 SCFB YF&R Conference in Columbia on February 2, 2024
In addition, the winner or winning couple will receive:
- $35,000 to apply to the purchase of the Ford truck of his/her choice compliments of the Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company
- An opportunity to represent South Carolina Farm Bureau at the American Farm Bureau YF&R Leadership Conference in Omaha, NE, March 8-11, 2024
- A one-night stay at the SCFB Annual Meeting in Myrtle Beach on December 6, 2024 to be highlighted as the 2024 winner
- The opportunity to compete (required) at the 2025 American Farm Bureau (AFBF) Annual Convention in San Antonio, TX, on January 24-28, 2025
Achievement Award prizes are sponsored in part by the SC Farm Bureau Federation and Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company.
Application Deadline is October 2, 2023.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL.
Find more information about contest eligibility, rules, and judging here.