Achievement Award

Achievement Award

The YF&R Achievement Award recognizes Young Farmers & Ranchers who have excelled in their farm or ranch and have honed their leadership abilities to superiority. Participants are involved in production agriculture with a majority of their income subject to normal production risks. Judges evaluate competitor's excellence in management, growth and scope of their enterprise and self-initiative that have been displayed throughout the farm or ranch.

The top three finalists will receive:

  • $1,000 cash
  • A one-night stay at the 2024 SCFB Annual Meeting in Myrtle Beach on December 6, 2024
  • A one-night stay at the 2025 SCFB YF&R Conference in Hilton Head on February 3, 2025

In addition, the winner or winning couple will receive:

  • $35,000 to apply to the purchase of the Ford truck of his/her choice compliments of the Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company
  • An opportunity to represent South Carolina Farm Bureau at the American Farm Bureau Fusion Conference in Denver, CO March 7-10, 2025 
  • A one-night stay at the SCFB Annual Meeting in Myrtle Beach on December 5, 2025 to be highlighted as the 2025 winner
  • The opportunity to compete (required) at the 2026 American Farm Bureau (AFBF) Annual Convention in Anaheim, CA, on January 9-13, 2026

Achievement Award prizes are sponsored in part by the SC Farm Bureau Federation and Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company.

Application Deadline is October 1, 2024.


Find more information about contest eligibility, rules, and judging through the online application portal. 

Sample PDF Application 

Application Rubric & Scoring Guide 

Apply Now

2024 Achievement Award Winners 
Drake and Nicole Yon - Saluda County

Drake and Nicole Yon

2023 Achievement Award Winner

" With the challenges we face every day as a farmer, its good to be surrounded by people who have the same common goal as you do. "

Matt Stevens - Horry-Loris County

2022 Achievement Award Winner

" Farm Bureau gives me a platform to talk about what I care about - farming, ag. It's been a huge part of my growth as a farmer. "

Rachael Sharp - Allendale County

2021 Achievement Award Winners

" When people talk about the Ables, I want them to think 'they're farmers, they're hard workers.' We want our kids to have it instilled in them from an early age that its okay to be the 1% of the U.S. that feeds the other 99%. "

Justin and Maggie Ables - Oconee County